Ayurvedic medicine is an ancient system of health care that is native to the Indian subcontinent. Ayurveda, Ancient Indian System of Medicines deals with knowledge that can define the quality and quantum of social and personal health status and ways to restore, maintain and upgrade it based on the principles of Vedic metaphysics
Ayurnikethan Hospital is a 20 bedded hospital. The rooms are ordinary & executive type. The executive rooms are provided with A/C, TV & Telephone. All the rooms are having in-built bathrooms with hot water facility. Separate male and female treatment rooms are provided here. There is adequate parking space in the premises. The centre is located in picturesque location with green surroundings and in a quiet ambience.
This shall be a specialised centre for Panchakarma and other traditional treatments, which are acclaimed worldwide as the best restorative and rejuvanative therapy. The centre is situated in 22km away from Cochin International Airport, Nedumbassery.
- Proficiently qualified and experienced Ayurvedic Doctors including full-time resident Doctors and lady Doctors
- Well experienced, qualified and competent masseurs / therapists team (separate for ladies and gents).
- Facilities for Yoga and meditation under expert guidance.
- Clean and fully equipped treatment rooms (separate for men and women) with post treatment facilities.
- Herbal Garden
- Allopathic Doctor on Call for Emergency Requirements
- Communication facilities including WI-FI internet.
- Pick and drop from Cochin Airport/ nearest railway stations.
- Ayur Nikethan is committed to innovation and in providing excellent patient care, research, education, outreach programs and healthcare services to its community.
- To provide assistance for the whole person in Christian spirit of equality and interfaith; regardless of age, colour, creed and gender.
- To provide excellent healthcare services pertaining to patient’s physical, psychological, social and spiritual well-being in a fiscal responsible manner.
- To maintain excellent healthcare standards we conduct annual assessments, recruit and retain superior medical practitioners and staff.
- The love of Christ compels us to be an anchor of Christian faith in serving the community by providing health care services.
Dr. Rev. Bro. Nicholas Verouvan
Fr. Antony Shaji Panackal
Dr. Diana Austin, BAMS
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Madhusudanan, BAMS
News And Events
Ayurvedic medicine is an ancient system of health care that is native to the Indian subcontinent. Ayurveda, Ancient Indian System of Medicines deals with knowledge that can define the quality and quantum of social and personal health status and way.
St.Joseph's hospital was established in Manjummel by the Carmelite Fathers of the Manjummel Province in 1888 with a view to impart medical assistance to the poor patients of this locality. It was the first private mission hospital in the state of Kerala and the second one in India. It has the fame and tribute to be the first Hospital in India in combining the Allopathic and Ayurvedic treatment together to restore the health of the patients through holistic approach in the medical service. For its founder Rev. Bro. Nicholas Verouvan.
Though it began in a humble way, the enormous increase in the number of the patients, it was decided to make a full pledged hospital in 1885 and when the construction was over it was inaugurated on 19th March,1888 by the then British Resident Mr.J.C.Hannyagten in the presence of His Highness Maharaja of cochin, His Highness Maharaja of Travancore, T. Rama Rao (Diwan of Travancore), T Govinda Menon (Diwan of cochin) and many other prominent members of the society. In 1920 His highness the late Sri. Rama Varma Maharaja .
. In 1920 His highness the late Sri. Rama Varma Maharaja of Travancore was pleased to confer the founder of this hospital, Br. Nicholas Verouvan, a Gold Medal in appreciation for his services and started giving a grant from the Travancore Government for the hospital, which continued until the formation of the Kerala State.
- Ayur Nikethan is committed to innovation and in providing excellent patient care
- To provide assistance for the whole person in Christian spirit of equality and interfaith
- To provide excellent healthcare services pertaining to patient’s physical
- To maintain excellent healthcare standards we conduct annual assessments